Thermostat control not working

Doe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all, first post and I am hoping you knowledgable people will be able to help me. I recently had a new Ideal Logic+ combi installed but the installer connected to the old BG programmer and thermostat. I have since discovered that the heating doesn't go off when the desired temperature is reached. The thermostat clicks off but the boiler keeps heating. I have tried getting the installer back but they are messing me about. An Electrician I called out has referred me to heating engineer.

I have eliminated the stat and the programmer as the problem. I suspect it's the wiring in the boiler. There is one wire with a terminal block which I suspect is the problem. But know idea where it should go before I blow the whole thing

Thanks

View media item 88991 [/img]

Sponsored Links
The black wire in the connector block should go in the terminal next to the other black wire, that is the stat link

• Thanks
Reactions: Doe
But do make sure the two black wires go to your programmer, not sure why he has done that?

• Thanks
Thanks nortonj. The wires go to a control box which then routes to the programmer and wall stat.

I thought it might go were you advise but the red wires in the block above to the frost and internal boiler terminal left me unsure.

Sponsored Links
I would be careful he may of changed some wires in the control box also.

• Thanks
Ok.. I think I will wait for the pros to come sort it then.

Paid to have it done. Although i got shafted by the heating engineer. It was a simple switch of the black stat wire in the control box to the room stat terminal. But they then proceed to pull a fast one that my room stat was faulty and sold me one i don't need since i already had a smart stat going on the wall. With their fountain of knowledge, they claim the Tado start is 12v and will blow if i connect it without rewiring.

I have since taken off the thermostat fitted and fitted the Tado smart with no issue as it does accept 230v.

Thanks for the help and advise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back