thermostat in large main room.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some help and advice from the forum i've settled on my new system. I'll be having a worcester greenstar cdi combi and a worcester fr110 modulating thermostat programmer.

I will be putting standard try's on the rads with the idea of upgrading them to programmable heads if needed.

We have knocked a few rooms into one creating a kitchen dining/ living room. It is a large L shaped room and will have 3 rads. Because we will spend 95% of our time in this one room it seems like having the stat in there would be good because it can turn off the boiler rather than just trv's

Will the stat work properly in a large room like that and if not should i just put it in the hall and have trv's in the big room?

Thanks again for any help.

Sponsored Links
Properly managed it should work OK.

Why not have proper weather compensation? The Worcester controller is one of the best on the market!

Tony

its a relatively small house and we are quite low users and it seems they are better suited to larger systems?

Seeing as the FR110 is about the same price do you think its worth it?

The house is quite well insulated and will have 10 rads on a 29KW WB greenstar CDI.

For most people a house with 10 rads is quite large.

Weather comp works best in a well insulated house although obviously the potential fuel savings are smaller.

I cannot see any reason why you would not want to have W/C.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I Suppose just lack of knowledge about them, I had in my mind they are more for large underfloor heating circuits or for use with direct cyclinders, thermal stores etc.

The WC unit is a programmer too isn't it? i.e. no extra controls needed?

Thanks again for your input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back