Thermostat not communicating with boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a Veissman boiler with a wireless thermostat.

The batteries were recently changed in the thermostat and since that time it has not communicated with the boiler. A red LED light flashes on the receiver.

I can work the boiler using it's controls and a grey button on the receiver but obviously the heating isn't controled thermostatically.

I can see similar threads have been posted before and I have tried switching the boiler off and on with no success.

Any ideas please??

John.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Whitespirit66.

The boiler is a Veissman Vitodens 100 - W WB1B
35 KW Combi Boiler

The thermostat is a Honeywell CM927 and the receiver is Honeywell.

There is a red LED flashing on the receiver indicating that it is not communicating with thermostat, there is a grey button on the receiver which, when depressed, switches the boiler on and off.

Thanks for your help.

John.

The installation instructions are Here, if you don't already have them.

Check communication: Para 2.2.2

If it fails, carry out the rebinding procedure: Para 5.1

If that fails, one of the components is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for your help, I used the guide and the relay box wasn't binding with thermostat as at 5 because it reverted to factory setting ( off) when thermostat lost power. Thanks again. John.

So is it working again now?

Those stats do need a Duracell battery as the peak current is quite high.

Cheap zinc carbon batts just dont give enough power.

Tony

Yes it's working fine now, it's my own fault the battery symbol was flashing on the thermostat but I was too tight to change it. Great forum. Very happy!

Reminds me why I stopped wasting my time trying to help people here :!:

Charming! You don't expect your heating to stop working because a battery goes!! Thanks again to those who can still be bothered to help.

You do if its controlled by a battery operated device..........and its telling you the battery is low.........and you admit you saw and and couldn't be bothered............

I bow to your superior intelligence, of course if it is operated by a battery it will stop working but you, I mean normal people, don't expect to have to reset the factory settings when the battery is replaced! Any way I won't waste any more of your time, you seem to have enough time to make useless condescending comments in a forum which is designed to help people. I can see you've been thanked a whole 13 times, boy you have been busy!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back