Thermostat overriding the programmer?

Looks a bit of a mess but looks as though it should work the way it is, are you saying that with the room stat up and ch off at the programmer
the central heating is still running?
if so undo the top terminal of 9 and pull out the red link, if the central heating is now off then you need a new programmer as its relay is stuck closed

Matt

Sponsored Links
Excellent sounds like that's the solution. Any recommendations as to where to get it from?

Shop around but Plumbnation are usually good for price.

Your pic fill 2 x 23" screens :LOL:

Thanks - well I wanted it to feel like you are there (with a magnifying glass)
:D

Looks a bit of a mess but looks as though it should work the way it is, are you saying that with the room stat up and ch off at the programmer
the central heating is still running?
if so undo the top terminal of 9 and pull out the red link, if the central heating is now off then you need a new programmer as its relay is stuck closed

Matt

Yup that's exactly what I'm saying. CH programmer says "OFF" and it still runs if the thermostat calls for it.

I'll try taking out the red link of number 9 later and see how that works. So if that's it and I get a new programmer does that mean I don't have to run downstairs every morning freezing my *** off? :)

Matt1e - I have taken out the red link at the top of 9 (thermostat does not show power) and turned the programmer to turn central heating to "ON" - and nothing is happening.

So is that as you guessed?

Sponsored Links
Matt1e - I have taken out the red link at the top of 9 (thermostat does not show power) and turned the programmer to turn central heating to "ON" - and nothing is happening.

Yes, you need a new programmer

Yes, you need a new programmer

Okay thanks. If I get the same model (just for easiness) is it an easy enough task to just take off the duff one and wire the new one up as per the images on the previous page?

You wont have to wire it as it will fit straight into the existing back plate if you find that easier (I personally would fit the new back plate though).

Just a thought though, the heating wasn't still working with the programmer off the backplate as per the photo was it?

Matt

Yeah in that photo the heating was still working even when switched to "OFF" (as long as the thermostat was asking for it)

Yeah in that photo the heating was still working even when switched to "OFF" (as long as the thermostat was asking for it)

I'm talking about this photo?

7UJms.jpg

Yeah that's right. That's how it is now and central heating comes on even when programmer says 'OFF' and thermostat is turned up.

Yeah that's right. That's how it is now and central heating comes on even when programmer says 'OFF' and thermostat is turned up.

but the programmer isn't attached/connected to anything so what difference does switching it off make?

I didn't know the central heating programmer wasn't attached to anything :eek:

So can it be wired to get it how I want it?

we will start again from here mate and then I will read the thread again
First question, what is this a picture of?

7UJms.jpg

The wires after taking the face off the programmer.

Right, now with the face of the programmer taken off as per the photo (this is what I meant by the programmer not being attached/connected btw)

did the heating come on when the room stat was turned up?

the answer should be no,

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back