This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

I did (and I often 'wind up' people, too, when I know them), but maybe you didn't read the part where I said that, at least speaking for myself, I would not start behaving like that when I had just joined a new forum.

Well I'm afraid for you that's my character, and if you don't like it simply don't read what I post - simples

*** Moderators note : You come here with quite the attitude, which does not fit with the tone of this site. Take this as your one and only warning to calm things down. Your posts are now being monitored, and we will not hesitate to take action should we need to***

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. You remind me of someone. Have you been on here under a different name perhaps?

Well I'm afraid for you that's my character, and if you don't like it simply don't read what I post - simples

*** Moderators note : You come here with quite the attitude, which does not fit with the tone of this site. Take this as your one and only warning to calm things down. Your posts are now being monitored, and we will not hesitate to take action should we need to***
I do not mind a moderators note, sorry I have called the moderators syops from old packet radio days, I must admit it is some time a fine balance between telling some one they should not play with electric if they don't know what they are doing, and telling them how to cure the problem, and we can get a bee in ones bonnet about some items, be it calling and electronic power supply an electronic transformer, or pointing out how daft GU10 MR16 replacements are and liking them to a planetarium. However a little off in a way when I have 7 GU10's in this house, also 5 G9 bulbs which are nearly as bad.

Be it don't harp on about Part P, or don't keep on raising the point that an electronic transformer is not really a transformer it is a power supply which has as part of its circuit at transformer, but that's what any power supply does, it transforms.

But point is I know what I have done that does not comply with forum policy, but the report did not in any way say what I had done wrong, if anything, I know with the old packet radio there was a list of words which would stop a message auto being delivered, refer to a file a but rougher than a second cut and it would delay the message. And so we would call is a rougher than second cut because we know the software will pick up on the word.

So what had I said which delayed the message?

So what had I said which delayed the message?
As I said at the start, it's down to the software, which sometimes seems to have a (pretty illogical) mind of it's own when it comes to deciding which messages need to be singled out for 'moderation'.

It's one of those things which happens occasionally (in this and many other forums), and is not anything to get concerned about - certainly not something to be 'taken personally'.

Kind Regards, John

MOD: You'd have to ask admin, we mods aren't privvy to the machinations of how things appear on the MOD queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
A Mod said:
MOD: You'd have to ask admin, we mods aren't privvy to the machinations of how things appear on the MOD queue.
With apologies to them if I'm wrong, I suspect that even Admin probably don't really know the answer to that - as I said, there seem to be days (like recently) when the software appears to have "a (pretty illogical) mind of its own" :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back