thorn olympic 38/50B Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a Thorn Olympic 38/50B which supplies hot water for my heating and for the taps. the hot water from the boiler gets pumped upstairs to cylinder which has an electrical element inside of it, where I then manually move a valve which diverts the water to either hot water taps or to the radiators. This was all working very well until recently, when the hot water has turned a yellow shade. This does not happen all the time I have checked the tanks in the loft and they are clear. Can anyone help in this matter as the kids need a bath but wont get in with the coloured water.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
The coil in the cylinder may be leaking ,mixing water from the ch system with the hot water in the tank,if it is then=new cylnder.

Obviously you had that Rogue Traders plumber round who pee'd in your loft tanks!

If not, it's likely to be a leak inside your HW cylinder, between the boiler and tap water.

Of the two cisterns in the loft, which one's water is higher? You would expect the lower one to fill up and overflow...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back