Three Months!

Sponsored Links
They may also tell you that the legally accepted standard is that first class post will arrive two working days after posting - post Monday expect delivery by Wednesday.

The only good news is that a lot of these fines are now not being enforced in marginal cases.

You would struggle for excuses in this day and age knowing how easy it is to access the internet from just about anywhere. You can never be more than a few yards away from having the means to communicate directly with the HMRC.
Why wait until you are verging on being late? Here's an idea - try being early for a change or pay someone to be on time for you.
Late paying should be coughed up by those who are late and not by those who are on time. Lesson learned?

Wtf do you know about tax/vat returns dozy nosey you use an agent (your accountant) if and when he or she makes a mistake you are the one held liable for it.

Sponsored Links
Wtf do you know about tax/vat returns dozy nosey you use an agent (your accountant) if and when he or she makes a mistake you are the one held liable for it.
My accountants have made mistakes. They then waiver fees etc. Simple process.

Astra: thanks for the show of support!

AJ: sorry, I got that wrong. I have proof of delivery: a scan of the signature of the person who accepted my returns.

Nose: I was in hospital at the time of completing the returns. Not a good place to be physically and from a mental POV I was concentrating more on my treatment than the ability to hook up to the internet on my smartphone...:sick:

Also, using an accountant is expensive!

IIRC you can claim to be excused if you were for example in hospital or full of morphine. I did once.

I always find it amusing when politicians criticise goverment departments.

Who is it that sets the laws and budgets they must work under?

If tax rules are unworkably complex and full of loopholes and unfair, who created them?

Yes, I heard that on the news today. I know it's difficult to believe, but it appears that some MPs are now questioning the matter so it is remotely possible that something may be done about the problem.

This extract: "The committee said HMRC was only answering 39% of phone calls within five minutes, against a target of 80%." was, I thought, particularly interesting. From the number of complaints I hear about the tax office not answering the telephone, I was genuinely surprised to learn that as many as 39% of phone calls are actually answered within 5 minutes. I should have thought that the actual figure would have been much lower and, as for 80%, I think that's nothing more than a pipedream.

Sponsored Links
Back