Three port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Three port mid position valve. If it is stuck to open CH and you call for HW only, will the rads go hot instead? Thank u.

Sponsored Links
Yes, if it's truly stuck.

Original, very stupid, post by me said:
Not instead of, but as well as. However, if the CH valve never shuts, it's possible that the flow will favour the CH circuit instead of the DHW coil. Unlikely, but possible.

CHeck it's not in backwards - easy to do :oops: :oops:

(WOuld only apply if it's a new installation of course)

Softus said:
Not instead of, but as well as. ..............

Could be quite easily "instead of", I come across it frequently.

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Softus said:
Not instead of, but as well as. ..............

Could be quite easily "instead of", I come across it frequently.
I concur, now that I've seen reason.

Original post said, somewhat crazily:
If it's stuck to open CH?

OK, I see what's happened here. I've failed a simple reading test.

I have no idea how I got this so wrong, but I've managed to (a) miss the fact that it's three-port, not two two-ports, and (b) read "will the rads go hot?" as "will the DHW be heated?". I must be losing my marbles.

Apologies to all and sundry on this topic - I'll get my coat.

Now that Chris has lost his coat and Softus has lost his marbles could you enlighten us all as to the problem which caused you to ask this apparently quite difficult question in the beginning?

Agile said:
Now that Chris has lost his coat and Softus has lost his marbles could you enlighten us all as to the problem which caused you to ask this apparently quite difficult question in the beginning?
Hi Tony. It 's just b'cause when i call 4 HW the hot water cylinder does not get hot ,the CH does instead and i wondered what was going on and was just thinking of a possible reason. Thank u all 4 your efford.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back