Thresholds and engineered flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Laying some flooring for a friend and have 6 threshold to make up, usually make up the strips from hardwood scraps I have which is fine where the floors meet other surfaces but three of the doorways have eng floor meeting eng floor .The gaps vary as the doors are different thickness so standard strips you can buy tend to be too narrow and are also flimsy , anyone know a supplier of hardwood strips that might suite? just trying to save myself some work.[/b]

Sponsored Links
T bars are narrow for a reason, to leave an expansion where the 2 floors meet and are easy enough to fit.

If the two floors are at the same level we normally use a wider solid flat strip as "divider". This strip is bevelled at both sides and is pinned down to one or both floors with little pins/nails. Cut it to size so it fits in between the doorway AND leaves sufficient expansion gap for both rooms.

Sponsored Links
Check my profile for web-address (or give me call tomorrow - phone number on website)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back