Ticking noise in Airing Cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I've stumbled accross this site and it looks just the thing to see if I can find out if I can do anything about a ticking noise coming from my pipes in my airing cupboard and in the ceiling of my bathroom (which is the room next door!) It's getting really annoying and we've been in the house 6 months now and it's only been happening for the last month or so, which is what's bugging me as I can't think what's happened to start it! Does anyone have any ideas? Better still, any resolutions!!!! xxx :idea:

Sponsored Links
Is there a timer for in there, or a pump?

Noises like this can be due to pipes expanding and contracting as they heat up and cool down. Look and see, if possible, how pipes are held in position. You may find that the notches in the ceiling joists are too tight and restricting movement.

Sponsored Links
Hello! Thanks for both of your replys, I shall check the joists and see if I can ease the noise a little. As far as I know there's no pumps or timers in there, although when the noise begins if I squeeze one of the pumps (it's insulated so not hot!) then it does stop, but when I let go it starts up again!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back