Tidying up my Silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently refurbished my bathroom, and used silicone sealant around the shower area, in the corner of the tiles. When I applied it, I used a former to get a nice finish, but it's left a really thin film of silicone on either side of the tiles, about an inch wide, which looks shiny.

What's the best way to get rid of this, leaving silicone only where it's supposed to be?

Cheers,

Carl...

Sponsored Links
Well don't be. You're more slicing it off than scratching it off, the blade almost parallel to the tiles, you will need to run the blade down each side to make a clean cut line too but you only need to apply gentle pressure, new Stanley blades being what they are.

Sponsored Links
I'm more of a patient man. Rub it off with your index finger by rolling it towards you.
Slowly, slowly, catchee monkee.

I used a Cramer Fungi, I guess you used the same, the results are amazing but you do get the smear on either side of the bead - I'm with conny, rub it off with your finger. Not so bad if just doing the bath but I had bath, 4 wall corners and wall/floor junction - I had to do it in shifts to let the skin grow back.

I used a Cramer Fungi, I guess you used the same, the results are amazing but you do get the smear on either side of the bead - I'm with conny, rub it off with your finger. Not so bad if just doing the bath but I had bath, 4 wall corners and wall/floor junction - I had to do it in shifts to let the skin grow back.
Hahaha, yeah I'm in the same boat!

Many thanks for your replies guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back