TigerLoop or similar to be mounted internaly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Getting a new boiler fitted and the engineer has suggested we need to have a TigerLoop.
The one he has shown me is one which goes on the external wall but unfortunately our boiler is just inside the front door so I am not keen on how the tigerloop will look right outside the front door.
Is there a Tiger Loop or other de-aerator that can be fitted internally and if so are there any drawbacks to that.
Really hoping it can go indoors.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi all.

Getting a new boiler fitted and the engineer has suggested we need to have a TigerLoop.
The one he has shown me is one which goes on the external wall but unfortunately our boiler is just inside the front door so I am not keen on how the tigerloop will look right outside the front door.
Is there a Tiger Loop or other de-aerator that can be fitted internally and if so are there any drawbacks to that.
Really hoping it can go indoors.

Thanks.

They act as a de-airier so unless you want your gaff to stink of kero, I'd fit it outside, a small bush will hide it.
HTH

You can get a Tigerloop Bio which is designed for internal use as it is vented outside via a 10mm pipe.

Aesthetically, I would much rather see it outside than next to the boiler in the house.

There should be a filter and Fire valve outside the house any way so what's the problem!

Thanks for the replies.

Terry: The Bio one looks good as it vents outside so I guess you wouldn't get a smell indoors. I agree that it may not look the best indoors but neither option is ideal aesthetically.
Where does the loop have to go in relation to the burner, vertically, can it be below it? The fire valve is outdoors at ground level so can't be seen and the Tigerloop would look ok there, the trouble is that I assumed it would have to go 3 feet-ish up the wall in line with the burner, is that correct?

Richard: Yes I'd considered a bush in a pot, maybe that will be the only option :(

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Get a Hounsfield boiler - they generally don't need a tigerloop at all, they're very well built with a five year warranty too

My M8 has a Tiger loop next to an oil boiler indoors - I've not smelt paraffin there in 20 years :confused: no vent to outside. And the servicing man has never commented

My M8 has a Tiger loop next to an oil boiler indoors - I've not smelt paraffin there in 20 years :confused: no vent to outside. And the servicing man has never commented

I don't give a flying fook what your mate has! They are not designed for internal use.

Am I the only one here who would never even entertain the thought of having an oil boiler inside my home at all? If the guy servicing the boiler spills a little oil then it will stink for weeks...Have a small drip from a dodgy union. then it will stink 'till the end of time.... Add to that at some time in the future someone may decide to box in the unsightly oil components making a simple oil repair job into a major operation involving carpenters or kitchen fitters in the middle of Winter

Slapper, Victor Meldrew is based on me...

I have a couple of custards, one has an oil boiler in his conservatory, the oil pump developed a leak which dripped and ran under the laminate floor... The house still stinks three years after I fixed it, and they wonder why they are struggling to sell the house.
The second also had a leaking pump also but I couldn't even get to the boiler as they had a kitchen built round it...They had even fixed a false panel to the front of the boiler...You could smell the oil from the front door...

Job Example 1 - they should have claimed on their buildings insurance (spillage of oil from a fixed appliance is an insured event)

Job Example 2 - That sounds like a Kitchen fitters problem nothing wrong with the boiler!

I have around 2000 oil fired boilers on my books and none of them smell of oil! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back