Tiling Bath Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bath has horrible flimsy plastic panels to side and front end. I want to remove and tile instead with mosaic tiles. Can I just fit two pieces of ply on the side of the bath and tile directly onto that without the tiles falling off? Do I need to treat the ply with anything first? Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
If you want to use plywood make sure it is exterior plywood as it use waterproof glue and sealed it with unibond + part water.Also make sure the panels is removeable for access to the taps + waste pipe or inspection door etc.......

Sponsored Links
I did this recently along the side of my bath. I built a wooden frame out of 2" x 1" and used 6mm exterior ply. The ply was in two sections for ease of removal. It is also very heavy when tiled!

I tiled the panels first and when I left them to dry I found that the ply had warped. I finished up redoing it only this time I fixed two 2" x 1" battens to the back of each piece of ply to hold it straight. I then fixed the ply to the frame using mirror screws with a screw on chrome dome.

Job done..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back