Tiling bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all, gonna be getting the bathroom tiled soon (by a pro) was just wandering the best way of doing it?

Ill be fitting the shower/tray/toilet etc, but should i fit these all before the tiler comes or do teh tiles go down first then fit the sink and toiler on top?

cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Hi gcol,
If ScottishGasMan is fitting an electric shower (don't know if he is or not) are you suggesting he tiles after he fits the shower?

Not wishing to highjack, but i'm in a very similar situation, preparing a room before the tiler arrives, and I was going to plumb the water and electric feeds for the shower, get the tiler in, then fit the electric shower unit on top. Is this incorrect?

Thanks

As Far as the shower goes Im sure thats On after the tiles, (well it is in mie now) Im not changing it so will take it off for the tiler then stick it back on after.

Sponsored Links
Hi gcol,
If ScottishGasMan is fitting an electric shower (don't know if he is or not) are you suggesting he tiles after he fits the shower?

Not wishing to highjack, but i'm in a very similar situation, preparing a room before the tiler arrives, and I was going to plumb the water and electric feeds for the shower, get the tiler in, then fit the electric shower unit on top. Is this incorrect?

Thanks
When I said "fit the shower" I meant fit the shower tray. The shower fittings (electric or otherwise) should be fitted after you have tiled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back