Tiling Internal corners..how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm currently tiling my bathroom and wondered what is the best way of tiling internal corners. Do i leave a small gap for grout? or push the tile on one wall all right up against the tile on the adjacent wall?

Cheers,

Mike

Sponsored Links
When cutting in the "second" tile to meet the one that's already been stuck up, I always leave a grout gap of the same width as the grout gap between the tiles.

My reason is that more often that not I'm cutting tiles to fit on an internal corner, and butting up the tiles looks uneven and naff.

In fact, butting tiles anywhere is something I avoid - the gap always attracts much that goes nasty, and even a clean dark line attracts the eye to it and detracts from an overall pleasing effect. IMHO.

Leave a gap. 2mm is about right.
If the corner is around a bath/shower then silicone it. Anywhere else just grout it.

Sponsored Links
don't forget to pop a spirit level up the wall too. if you happen to start with a full tile at the bottom, (bad practice anyway) and the wall runs away (gets wider) then you will be in a bit of a pickle.

many good points here .....
an never try too fit the end tile flush it will fail without a doubt ....buildings are moving all the time ,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back