Tiling wonky walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Could someone help with my wonky wall problem - I have just drawn line markers for placing tiles in the bathroom and the ceiling slopes upto about 1.5" which is huge. As I want to tile upto the ceiling how do you get the tiles looking even :?:

Sponsored Links
You have to accommodate the error in the ceiling. You can lessen the visual effect by using large tiles; 6" will look better than 4". You arrange the cuts so you don't get less than half a tile. There's nothing worse than thin strips of tiles. After you've done it, the ceiling is above eye-level and won't be that noticeable to others.

Agree with the above. But I would go up to 10x8 tiles, definately the bigger the better in this case.

4x4 tiles would look dreadful you would always hate them.

Sponsored Links
;) Thanks, in the end decided to do only 3/4 of the wall (around bath) made my scalp feel a lot better :LOL: it's the house that lop sided Bill built

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back