Tiny black knob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ladies, this isn't what you think. Sorry.

The other day I dropped, down a hole in a customer's floorboards, the little black knob/cap that screws onto a Caleffi air bottle (aka auto vent).

I Emailed Caleffi but this is the kind of trivial enquiry that manufacturer's seem never to get around to responding to.

Does anyone happen to have one of these that they don't need? Please?

Sponsored Links
Its normally left open a few turns and they often rattle themselves loose and fall out.

I suggest you buy another aav - they are only a few quid.

The "caps" are useful to pull a vacumn when pulling apart the boiler and perhaps prevent muck entering the vent. Of course many are screwed shut to stop the vents leaking :)

Gasguru said:
I suggest you buy another aav - they are only a few quid.
Er, yes, I know - I have 10 in stock. One of these has no black cap. :oops:

and thus the cycle begins - I have lost count of how many 15mm olives are missing from my fittings box stock :(

One day I'll buy a pack of olives - or become a real ***** and pinch them off my scrap... ;)

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
and thus the cycle begins - I have lost count of how many 15mm olives are missing from my fittings box stock :(

One day I'll buy a pack of olives - or become a real ***** and pinch them off my scrap... ;)

pmsl so true. :D

I have a boiler or two in the garage ready for stripping ill try and remember to keep a cap if their is one ;)

Softus on the subject of manufacturers not responding did Honeywell o fernox get back to you on the swollen balls question.

Yes. I take it you haven't looked at the topic. ;)

Yeah looked at the topic headed Fernox then Where you said honeywells computers down and where going to ask fernox again about older poducts. Have you replied on another

Softus said:
Ladies, this isn't what you think. Sorry.

The other day I dropped, down a hole in a customer's floorboards, the little black knob/cap that screws onto a Caleffi air bottle (aka auto vent).

I Emailed Caleffi but this is the kind of trivial enquiry that manufacturer's seem never to get around to responding to.

Does anyone happen to have one of these that they don't need? Please?

And you've a cheek to slag off supermarket checkout people :LOL:

namsag said:
Softus....did Honey.....get back to you on the swollen balls question.
Please, enough already! Is this connected with tiny black knobs?

Whenever I get a honey I always end up with swollen balls and if she was really good they would probably be black with bruising :LOL: Don't know about the 'tiny' bit though :eek:

On swollen balls . Reminds me of when a mate got a vasectomy. He said one of them was the size of an orange but the other one was a big bassa. :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back