To DIYers planning a rewire

2) It did shear.
Saying that I had three would not tighten, just kept going round and round,I thought it was the thread , I took them back, the shop said push it in harder and then it restarts , they seem to have something which holds the screw in the backed out position but retains it from falling out and getting lost in transit.

Sponsored Links
To the OP:

Just wanted to say what a great thread..we will be doing a total rewire soon in a 1900's house that has barely been touched electric-wise since then. Everything has to come out...!

Like you, I have been ploughing my way thru every bit of info I can find on this great website, as well as looking up part P regs, other regs and stuff that I think we should definitely know before we raise a floorboard.

We aren't complete novices as far as complete rewires are concerned, but haven't done one since the new regs came out. Just want to thank everyone for their time and efforts in sharing their knowledge with everyone. :D :D

Just want to thank everyone for their time and efforts in sharing their knowledge with everyone. :D :D

I would like to second that comment. All of the trades guys on here are as helpful as hell. Thanks to everyone for all the questions I have had answered and the ones to follow ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back