to fuse spurs on the system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 fuse spurs on the system, what u think?

vaillant with a vr 65 wiring centre (for all who don't no it is a wiring center with a pcb just plug and play) 1 fuse spur to power the boiler and 1 to power the vr65 and controls and they are interlinked via ebus

blinking sparky, what a quick job

all i can do is lol and the customer don't want the floors to be touched so what can you do

Sponsored Links
Not a problem, perfectly acceptable.

Why do you think it is not OK?

it ent labled as having it and i realy don't think there should be 2 sbecause you will get different paths from different circuits unbalanced load on the circuits and fuse board

nealy sounds like i no what i'm on about

u probably no i'm blagging it but still i think what i said

Sponsored Links
That was how they all used to be wired a few years ago.

One for the boiler, one for the wiring centre.

Just cause you haven't seen something before doesn't make it wrong.

Ted

it dose it is bad practice
there is a potential for a electric shock

they need a rope and horse

please don't say you do it

don't get me wrong i would not rip every think up and run it in on 1 spur

but i would advice it is better to and mention it to the cutomer it ent very gd and let others know about the 2 spurs

seen loads like it, there is no risk of shock if you use a multimeter to prove safe isolation

yh but what if the pcb malfunctions on any the pcb or boiler there is a posability of 230 going through the ebus and most would not think there are 2 fuses

most want look fore safe isolation they just strip and rip ...... then nice new hair style , i like it spiky

No I don't do it. Just pointing out that was how it used to be done.

I don't fit back boilers but I don't do back flips when I work on one now either.

Ted

i personally dont like two spurs on a system as its not good practice. people will still just rip wiring out without testing until they get a belt

it ent labled as having it and i realy don't think there should be 2 sbecause you will get different paths from different circuits unbalanced load on the circuits and fuse board

nealy sounds like i no what i'm on about

u probably no i'm blagging it but still i think what i said

If you're worried about the Ebus connection unbalancing the RCDs on the two separate circuits then I don't think this will be a problem because the Ebus connection is a data connection only. It shouldn't take any current.

An analogy would be a PC on the upstairs ring main and a PC on the downstairs ring main. If you connected the two together on a wired network you wouldn't expect the RCD to trip. If this was a problem there would be a big issue with 17th Ed boards that divide the ring mains onto two RCDs and the use of PCs and networks.

Also because the Ebus is not a power connection I don't think the issue of leaving one half of the controls live because one spur is unknowingly left on is a concern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back