To MOD the mad deleter of questions

Not quite sure what you are referring to Agile, I can see Mervs post :confused:

Sponsored Links
Agile has this "thing" he thinks we (the mods) delete his posts. Truth is i did move / delete some when he first joined the forum, but he has been no problem since.

He also thinks i should not have an opinion / voice (as he just posted)

I just ran searches for posts by Merv and Merve. None found, and I see none.
Can I suggest Mr Mod that if you edit or delete ANYTHING, you leave a note saying what and why? :rolleyes:

MOD

i do and you know i do the rest . i cant speak for

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Can I suggest Mr Mod that if you edit or delete ANYTHING, you leave a note saying what and why? :rolleyes:

Sorry i am back, now, but merv is his name, not his id, his "post list" is here

When ever possible we do leave a note why a post was edited, but some times you just can not, i.e obscene / offensive

regards

Lynda :)

ok people lets relax and chill out
the idea of this thread wasnt to critisize but to be helpfull
no one is to blame EVERBODY does a good job its just trying to fine tune things to make things easier for everyone and less formidable for the newbie :LOL: :LOL: ;)

moderator said:
ChrisR said:

Sorry i am back, now, but merv is his name, not his id, his "post list" is here

When ever possible we do leave a note why a post was edited, but some times you just can not, i.e obscene / offensive

regards

Lynda :)

sorry lynda not in the least sexist or macho but i think you choice to become public on post no 69 may be rememberd a wee bit ;)

delite as required :cry: :D

big-all said:
sorry lynda not in the least sexist or macho but i think you choice to become public on post no 69 may be rememberd a wee bit ;)

delite as required :cry: :D

I see the funny side of what you are getting at, but if you search you will find this is not the first time i have mentioned my own name ;)

why dont you have a poll/petition to see whos for and against.

im for allowing prices because it isnt really that bad.
and i seem to see a bit at the bottom of every post saying "mod - see items blah blah blah" everyware you turn there is moderation going on.

and automatic censorship of links to other forums...why is this? if your the best forum then people WONT leave. or are you scared your blanket moderation will cause people to go elseware without haveing to use google to find the likes of ATT?

as for advertising, why in ****s name do you have american adverts on your site???!!?!?!? "only $9.99" why do we care on an english site?

i think its time to have a little review of policys :cry:

Theres been some very good points made on this thread and very little interest shown by Admin.
:(
In the interest of continually improving this site for everybody maybe Admin could set up a suggestion box and act accordingly on useful improvements.

I have suggested that this site does away with the worldwide locations as they have no use in a UK BASED FORUM, but, this has fell on deaf ears.

Wake up DIYNOT and listen to the people. :D

On the contrary Bahco, we're very interested in hearing peoples suggestions.

As I said before, the price question, has been more of a guideline than a rule, but if people want to ask and people want to answer then I dont see a problem with that, Im just concerned that the people asking recognise the limitation of the 'quote'.

Regarding linking to other websites, we have never had a problem with linking, links have never been removed UNLESS they are blatant advertising, in which case they are. The case I believe you are referring to supersparks is removed for that reason, successive, repetive blanket advertising on this site which was unacceptable, in any case we've been through this before. All I have to say on this matter is that if links are made to other sites and they are not advertising then there is not a problem.

We do like to hear suggestions and your thoughts though, and they are not ignored. If you do have any suggestions then you can always email them to [email protected] . We do appreciate your thoughts and it is useful to hear a different perspective (so to speak).

:D
ps the $ dollar adverts you mention are provided by Google.

Well said Bahco!

I have been trying to get him to see sense but he will not listen to me. He has hounded me away from his site by allowing this constant mod action on all my posts.

Everything I suggest is to the benefit of his business but he does not want to listen.

I would however support his taking of any adverts whatever their origin if they pay. Very oddly he has a tradesman look-up section but the location part in London does not work properly, its not surprising that very few people are listed there.

To Lynda, I would say, in accordance with the "rules" ( until you edited them again ) now why dont you ALWAYS post an explanation of why you have deleted something regardless of why? If it was something obsene then you need to leave a clear indication for others and the original poster to see. My posts have even had parts of sentences removed, presumably to make me look stupid and go away!

None of these mod problems arise at plumbing pages, screwfix or ATT so why does the DIYnot Owner want to spoil his site and hence his business?

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Back