Toilet bubbles when running tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We moved into a new build 12 months ago and have started to have problems with our downstairs cloakroom. When you run he tap in there, you can see water bubbling in the toilet pan and the water level rises. Turn it off and it stops and lowers. I've also noticed that after flushing sometimes the water level in the toilet rises right up in the pan and eventually subsides, and also the water can continually trickle into the bowl.

Water is also dripping from the pipe under the sink if the water is run for more than a few seconds (in addition to the toilet bubbles!).

We've got the onsite plumbers coming out Friday, just wanted to know if anyone knows what its likely to be?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not that I know much about general plumbing, but sounds like a partial drain blockage to me.

The constant trickling into the pan could simply be the ball valve/float needs adjusting.

not a bad guess....yes i'd have to agree...young toilet like that will have internal overflow, hence the water tricking...new washer and a bit of pipe unblocking...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back