Toilet in summer house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to put a toilet in my summer house at the back of the garden which is about 35m from my drain. The summer house is about a metre higher than my house. Could i get away with a saniflo which claim they can go 40m horizontal or should I go for a full underground drain?

Sponsored Links
a full underground drain?
That. It's the proper, permanent solution.

A saniflow is problems waiting to happen.
They need electricity to work
They are noisy
They will be clogged by someone putting inappropriate things in the toilet
They will break
They are an instant regret when any of the above happens.

Sponsored Links
That. It's the proper, permanent solution.

They are noisy
They will break
Our one in our downstairs loo worked fine for about 10 years until I stupidly threw a wodge of Kleenex tissues down it. They jammed it up and burnt it out because they don’t break up in water like toilet tissue. I fitted a replacement and that has lasted longer. I have the SaniSlim and that can take a WC and a basin (which we have) but it can also take a shower if required. It worked out a lot cheaper and easier to install than digging up my drive and breaking into the drain. Noise is negligible too as I boxed it in and added some insulation. Sound is less than our washing machine emptying. As said, for occasional use and if used properly, no problem.

IMG_6213.jpeg

Last edited:
T

They are noisy
They will break
Horrific items. As Freddie says, commercial premises only.

Horrific items. As Freddie says, commercial premises only.
So, good enough for constant use by strangers in a commercial premises but not for occasional use by a homeowner who will personally suffer the grief if they misuse it?

Looking to put a toilet in my summer house at the back of the garden which is about 35m from my drain. The summer house is about a metre higher than my house. Could i get away with a saniflo which claim they can go 40m horizontal or should I go for a full underground drain?
Look at pumping distances again. You need height first to get distance.

So, good enough for constant use by strangers in a commercial premises but not for occasional use by a homeowner who will personally suffer the grief if they misuse it?
I think occasional use will note bode well with a Saniflo system. Horrific items.

we have a saniflo as an emergency understairs additional loo, because I otherwise couldn't keep the waste pipe in the ground because of a slope. It's been absolutely fine for 4-5 years. We do try not to use it for No2's but not sure what visitors do.....I did have to go in to it recently to retrieve a piece of toilet seat bracket I accidentally knocked in the bowl and flushed! no harm done and it was remarkably clean inside.

I wouldn't hesitate to use one again for personal use if I couldn't get a main drain in. Not sure I would ever want to be a plumber repairing them for joe public though........

I wouldn't hesitate to use one again for personal use if I couldn't get a main drain in. Not sure I would ever want to be a plumber repairing them for joe public though........
Yeah, it’s like cleaning a baby's bum and picking up dog poo - okay if it’s your own baby or your own dog but someone else’s? :sick:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back