Toilet move to inside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please help me. I have redesigned my bathroom and placed the toilet (in the plan) on an inside wall. I don't know how or if possible to get a waste pipe out. On top of all this I have placed the shower cubicle quadrant, in the only corner it will fit and that is where the soil pipe outlet is, so it can't be used. My shower arrives tomorrow and it looks like I will be in trouble. If anyone out there can help I would be so grateful.

Sponsored Links
Lift the floor and check where your joists run. If you are able to run toilet outlet from desired position to existing soil stack, then thats your answer, if not, redesign. Why on earth would you get to this stage with no knowledge of how achievable it is :!:

Thank you so much, but if the soil pipe is behind the shower will I have to have a new hole made through the wall ihn a location nearer the new loo? Sorry about my ignorance of plumbing. I am a lady.( Obviously I hear you say) with a sick husband and I wanted to have everything planned and organised before getting a plumber in. Unfortunately I can not replan, because my hydro shower unit is on it's way ,leaving me in a state of panic. Also there is the necessary drop required in the pipe from toilet to outside stack to consider. Maybe I would be better getting one of those loos that don't need a drop(mascerator). If I did ,could I have a small hole put in the outer wall for the pipe and joined to the soil pipe outside.Then could I cut and block the inner soil pipe opening ,which is on the wall at the level of the loo outlet. I know I am asking an awful lot,but the more you know before getting professionals the cheaper it is.
Thank you again so much for your kind reply.
From A dizzy old Lady

If you can run a soil pipe to your stack then you should be able to plumb your shower waste into this via a strap on boss fitting.
Not something you should attempt yourself.
The question remains whether you can run the new soil pipe aand get correct fall. :D

Sponsored Links
Thank you for that very helpful info.I think I understand this,because the shower is near the inner soil outlet ,I can use it for shower outlet ? Only thing is the present soil pipe that sticks out of the inner wall will prevent the shower fitting in. Can it be cut off to wall level and shut off or can you think of a way to get the shower outlet hose to it. Or were you referring to a new outlet for loo being used also for shower?? I know I sound a scatterbrain,but I am normally very organised. The thing is several men saw my plan and the bathroom and said nothing of the detail I overlooked.

thanks again More of a head in a whirlwind than a Tornedo!

Not sure what help we can give you without seeing the job. :(

You DO need a plumber though who will be advise you better. :D

Thank you I have booked a plumber to visit,but don't know when he'll get here. they are all so busy.however I have learnt a lot from the advice given and I am very grateful. It's a terrific site is it not!

A Saniflo or similar macerator should be the last resort. There has to be another loo, normal "gravity" type in the dwelling, under Building Regs.

Find out where the main vertical stack pipe is. It is usually outside (but sometimes runs in an internal duct. :( )
The sort of thing you may need to do is:
Remove the soil pipe from where it was, back to the stack pipe,
Find out which way the joists run under the bathroom and see if you can get from your new loo to outside, There's usually enough space between floor and ceiling below to go about 12 feet, with the right "fall".
Once outside, the pipe can go round the building as required to connect up to the stack pipe.

I learn more and more from this site. Thanks for your advice,but unfortunately the joists run the wrong way. I do have a gravity toilet also in the house downstairs so the mascerator loo would work,but I have been advised that they cause a lot of problems, so still trying to work it out. I may have to knock a wall down and move 300 mm into the next room therefore allowing space for new loo and put in a new stack outside to accommodate the new location. Looks like this is the only,rather drastic answer. Thanks so much for you advice I will pass it on to the plumber ,in case it can be done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back