Toilet move

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I want to install a new downstairs toilet one metre to the right of the old one. Can anyone tell me the best way to connect the new pan to the existing outlet which drops vertically down into a concrete floor?

Is it feasible to have a 90 degree bend at the back of the new pan followed by a downward sloping pipe and then another 90 degree bend entering the outlet at floor level?

Should I use flexibile pan connectors or rigid ones? Can I use two flexible pan connectors at toilet and outlet end with something to bridge the gap between them?

Would be very grateful for any suggestions!

Mike

Sponsored Links
As long as you get the 1:40 fall you'll be fine. I wouldn't use two flexi's together - a fixed 90 out of the floor, standard pipe to new location then a right angled flexi for the last foot to the new pan.

Rodding access wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks very much!

If the 90 degree bend at the outlet runs into a horizontal pipe is that OK? Is it the overall drop of 1:40 that is critical or the minimun slope at all points along the run?

That fall needs to be to the vertical stack/grounds entry point.

You can go:

Pan
90Flexi pan connector
4" pipe
90 Spigot (preferrably with rodding eye) into ground.

That last bit will probably be the hardest.

Can I go to bed now?

Sponsored Links
[/quote]No, you need a slope
Does that mean a minimum slope of 1:40 all the way along, or is that just the average slope over the horizontal distance?

Dan_Robinson said:
You can go:

Pan
90Flexi pan connector
4" pipe
90 Spigot (preferrably with rodding eye) into ground.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit thick, but if I have a 90 degree join at the ground level outlet (which drops vertically into the concrete floor) and connect that to a standard rigid waste pipe rather than a flexible one, won't I end up with a horizontal section? Or will the 92.5 degrees section (see below) that you highlighted in a different post provide sufficient gradient..?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...YEWN4OCSTHZOSFFY?cId=101624&ts=61098&id=11971

Thanks again

That fitting will be fine. I suggested using a flexi to make your life easier, but they don't do one long enough to go straigth from that fitting across to your loo (well at least I think they don't) hence the need for a length of 4" soil pipe. This won't droop either.

Yes, I can see that a droop is something to avoid!

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers,

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back