Toilet overflowed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a toilet with 2 buttons in one on the cistern, and yesterday it was blocked. Not a issue normally, brush is right next to it and problem solved. It doesn't normally have a over flow problem. Yesterday whilst everything is out of bathroom it's blocked and I'm trying to get the brush it's suddenly overflowing in to my kitchen. Basically when I pressed the button no pressure. When I took the lid off and replaced it stopped the overflow in to toilet. Also when I used hot tap on sink the toilet over flowed in toilet no issue of over flowing but still a issue. Someone came round to help and called BS on the tap and toilet over flow.....until it happened to them.

Air trapped? Any other ideas?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A blockage further down stream, in the soil pipe probably as it floods so quickly. Then it it slowly drains around the obstruction and refills when you next flush. Try plunging or rodding it.

The sink waste shares the wc waste hence the overflow when you turn the tap on. As said identify and clear blockage in soil waste

Sponsored Links
Tie the button cable loosely to something inside cistern maybe. They twist and open the syphon a bit and water keeps flowing out with the continuous filling. Is that the problem? It's a common fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back