Toilet overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I recently fitted a new toilet with a modern flush system. The floating Valve is not a ball and its one that is adjusted by screwing up or down to increase or reduce water level. The problem I am having is that when I adjust to increase the water level, it starts over flowing into the pan. When I adjust to decrease it so it doesn’t over flow, it will work for a couple of flushes, then it starts overflowing again even at the lower level. Is there anything I am doing wrong or anyway to solve this issue. See attached pictures.

Any advise will be appreciated!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the overflow height adjustable?
Pictures can tell a thousand words.

Hi,

No its not. I cant understand why the water coming into the cistern will not stop once the water reaches the desired level. no mater what level i adjust it to, it will still overflow unless i stop it manually. i cant see anything restricting it from popping up. At times, just lifting the cistern lid makes the water stop running, or just a slight movement to the cistern. It worked okay for a about a month after initial install, then it started this problem.

If it overflows for a long time (overnight) i notice a few drops of water but cant tell where its coming from.

Some grit or other detritus may have got in the inlet valve mechanism and fouled it. Do you have the instructions re cleaning the valve?

Picture(s).

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately i dont have any manual for cleaning it :( . I am sorry i am pretty new to this so forgive my ignorance. What happens is, i adjusted using the blue screw rod on the left in the pic, and this lowers the blue cup thing at the bottom in the pic. Is this blue cup thing meant to move as the water fills up, as at the moment, it doesnt. it stays at the same level that i set it to. When water fills to that level it stops stops running. If the water doesnt stop running and goes on filling past this level, then it fills right to the top and overflows into the pan.

Would you be able to advise how i can clean it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back