toilet problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if somebody can help me. I have installed 2 new toilets upstairs and when I flush them one is fine but the other one is slow to get rid of the waste.

If you just put toilet paper in and flush the paper seems to stay on the top and it takes a few flushs for it to go away.

The water level in the cistern is up to the reccomended level and it seems to flush ok.

I did move the toilet around a corner and have put a bend in it but have made sure the fall is correct but cannot work out why the water does not seem to take away the waste as quick as the other one.

Help.............................

Sponsored Links
Which one is furthest from the stack?

If you flush the one that works and watch the water level in the one that doesn't, is any water 'pulled' out?

Where is the stack vent, what type is it, and have you checked that it isn't blocked?

Sponsored Links
sorry should have said they are on different stacks and no the stack is not blocked as I did put an access point in and you can see the water running away at a good flow

You misunderstood - my question about checking for a blockage was in the context of the vent.

What type of vent do you have?

You do have a vent, don't you? :eek:

sorry to sound stupid but I do not quite understand where this vent should be.

Although I have moved the toilet around a corner the previous toilet flusged fine.

Sorry to sound like an idiot but any help I appreciate :oops:

malp said:
sorry to sound stupid but I do not quite understand where this vent should be.
At the highest point of the stack to which the WC is connected.

Although I have moved the toilet around a corner the previous toilet flusged fine.
Yes I get it - there was no fault, and now there is. That's why you're here. ;)

How many stacks do you have?

Where is their highest point?

What is on the top of the stack?

2 stacks. They go up through the loft space to the roof.

Another toilet is connected to the "problem stack" which has not been touched and is fine. I have checked and the water levels etc are not affected when you flush the other toilet so the stacks do not seem to be blocked or the vents above

Well I don't understand which toilets are on the same stack, and which on different stacks, but putting that to one side, can you describe the route, and the fall, of the soil pipe from the back of the problem pan to the point where it joins the relevant vertical stack?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back