toilet question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wish to fit a new lav and wish to know is there a certain style of loo that the feces will go direct into the water rather than hitting the porcelain first (like the one installed now backto wall type) . not a nice question but it is hygine reasons. would prefer a closed coupled one
ta neil

Sponsored Links
B&Q do a pretty good one for under £50.
Not bad value really.
Close coupled aswell.

I remember all the lavs in Austria few years back. A hole about 2" round and a huge shelf where it would all sit until the chain was pulled. Yuk!

Sponsored Links
You could try sitting on few with a plumbline hanging from your pants.

I see where the OP is going here. I agree that too many crap crappers have been made and I for one object to wasting my life with a bog brush in my hand.

All I can suggest is that you do what I would and take a look around a showroom or at least inspect your prospective pot before you buy.

This dilemma comes about when floaty headed artists are allowed to design sanitary ware instead of more practical sanitary engineers who can bear in mind the principles of years of sanitary evolution.

The type of continental wc referred to earlier has a very fast flush which almost always cleans the landing area and satisfies their need to check out what they just left behind. In these days of greater cancer awareness that's actually not such a bad thing.

A tip that helps a little when encountering unsanitary sanitary ware is to flush before you use it. If you're quick enough your produce just slips off the wet surface.

I think the problem is down to how one aims themselves on the Loo !! :mrgreen:

Never used to be a problem! Seems some of these designers don't know where their 4r5h0les are or the direction in which they fire their load. Perhaps their bodies are designed differently? Maybe they do fire in a strange direction or maybe they sit facing the wall or some other contorted position that they haven't mentioned in the instructions?

Recently I checked in my merchants showroom and 5 out of 8 were IMO badly designed.

Back in the days when 'That's life' was on the telly I'd be straight on to Esther Ranzten about an issue like this.

i wish to fit a new lav and wish to know is there a certain style of loo that the feces will go direct into the water rather than hitting the porcelain first (like the one installed now backto wall type) . not a nice question but it is hygine reasons. would prefer a closed coupled one
ta neil

I can certainly see the humour attached to this question. But I think the answer is essentially no. At least none that I am aware of. But you are quite right some designs are much better than others in this respect. At least that is my experience!

I hate having to get the brush out on Holiday due to streaks in the pan for near misses shall we say, so at least I appreciated the question.

I think the solution is to observe the arrangement of the WC you find problematic and look to find one with arrangement better suited.

please forgive me for smiling as I attempt to answer this question but there is something about the humour in this I can't seem to shake. Perhaps I have seen too many "carry on" films. Anyway good luck as I am sure you will be able to secure something more suitable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back