Tongue in cheek, I think!! (Democracy is the problem)

Sponsored Links
Therefore the only solution I can see is for the patriotic non self seeking HRH to march her soldier and policemen into the house of commons. kick the lot out and take over till its sorted out

Good idea. First thing I'd like see abolished is the safety card scheme for building sites and most other h&s legislation bulls*hit regarding building sites which hampers productivity..

Edit.
There's also a few government buildings I'd like to see demolished.

I don't know about you but i'd rather work on a site with a decent H&S policy rather than one without. Who in their right mind would want to make earning a living more dangerous? Just because there are a few isolated incidents of it going over the top, which of course the Mail e.t.c love to pick up on, doesn't mean that H&S in general is detrimental.

Some form of voter qualification for the next twenty years. "Currently work in private sector" would be a simple test. If you do, you vote.

Would retired persons get the vote?!

Good question. Answer No. They are the ones who have voted in the 'borrow and spend' governments over the past fifty years. They have stuffed us up completely. In fact they are the least competent people to vote for a government to sort the mess out.

Some form of voter qualification for the next twenty years. "Currently work in private sector" would be a simple test. If you do, you vote.

Good question. Answer No. They are the ones who have voted in the 'borrow and spend' governments over the past fifty years. They have stuffed us up completely. In fact they are the least competent people to vote for a government to sort the mess out.

What? All of them?

I, for one, have never voted Labour in my life.

Sponsored Links

What? All of them?

I, for one, have never voted Labour in my life.

You clot!! Stop rising to such crassness

Good question. Answer No.

What? All of them?

I, for one, have never voted Labour in my life

Well the economy is pretty stuffed and the solution requires action that isn't going to work in a democracy where everybody has one vote. Too many people are voting to protect their own interests and expecting a shrinking proportion of the population to pay for it.

What has struck me is that state pensions are ring fenced, they go up by inflation while everybody else feeding in the public trough gets below inflation rises. The only possible reason for this is that the government is too scared to do anything which annoys the pensioners as they are a massive voting block.

So just remove them.

Sure, it's not fair in a democratic way, but no solution will be. Why should the young workers in this country pay for a generous state pension that they themselves will not receive?

It's time to give preferential treatment to the people who are actually going to have to pay the cash to get us out of the complete mess that others created. The people who are paying should be the people who decide.

You clot!! Stop rising to such crassness

You chose the subject matter !

So just remove them.

Yes, that sounds fair.

Disenfranchise the people who have worked and paid taxes all their lives.

However, we can't remove voting rights from those who have lived on benefits all their lives and have never contributed, can we?

Well I already said it wasn't fair.

Another way of looking at it is that it would disenfranchise the people who have voted for low taxes, high public spending, borrow the difference, and pass the repayments to their grandchildren. They essentially (or some of them) paid taxes - but nowhere near enough.

the people who have voted for low taxes, high public spending, borrow the difference, and pass the repayments to their grandchildren.

But you're talking about Labour voters here. What's that to do with us crinkleys?

Sponsored Links
Back