too close for comfort

Toff

people are not safe in there own homes these days never mind out alone on the streets, even public transport you got to be careful, you don't know what round the corner, as you just proved.

Sponsored Links
Toffee you are paranoid i read a few of your posts and get the impression your scared of leaving the house or letting your kids out, dont believe the hype. Things could be worse and if you hide behind your door you will bieleve the hype;)

jbonding

I disagree, the way things are these days you can not be too careful,
Round my way there was a little girl took from her house when she was in the bath ( you might of heard it on the news ) and was fiddled with, so i would say better safe than sorry regarding stuff like this, there's too many nutters around too dismiss it as being paranoid.

toffee
you brought tears to my eyes ....

your are WONDERFUL ....:) :)

an deserve a masssive LOVE off everyone here ..... .

btw it doesnt matter wether you are stark naked in high st ....
it doesnt give a bloke a green light to touch you up or attack you ...
ITS WRONG
THAT is THE NORMAL

EVEN WANDERING ABOUT HALF NALKED
wandering about .. off your head
ITS WRONG....

I joke an mess but ... I would ALWAYS have fisticuffs if seeing a girl fighting a bloke OFF,

not the kebab fallout horrendous fight ,,,or taxi rank do ..lol :)

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
well, Im just wondering what (generalisation I know) you guys would do?
would you have gone and sat in an otherwise empty bus, right behind a lone female?

Me personally... no, I'm antisocial I try my best to sit alone on public transport and loose myself in my music, of course other people arn't like me, and I expect some might choose to sit near a fellow passenger for a bit of company (drives me up the wall though, how can I made idle conversation with someone I don't know at all... I guess thats the reason for the music)

From the rest of your post, this guy seems like a nutcase tho...

what the guy did could be classed as 'threatening behaviour' and depending on the police station could be taken further.
More likely the guy will get a caution, but if there are other reports of it he WILL get nicked.

REPORT IT.

technically assualt is:

definition includes any criminal offence arising out of physical, sexual, psychological, emotional or financial abuse
i emphasize the psychological definition.
please report it. someone else might not be so lucky. :!:

Toffs, sorry to hear about your scary experience, maybe you could invest in a personal security alarm we have them at work but rarely used. will clip on your belt or in handbag, works like a hand grenade pull the pin out out and shreeeeeeeeeekkkk.

please note.. useless against deaf nonces :LOL: so where your steel toe caps when going out l ( sorry just a little humour )

Toffee...I read your story. I am relieved to hear that it turned out okay in the end...it could have gone either way. You were not being paranoid. I can sort of relate...being a woman..but then again...here in the states...it is pretty much the norm...all types out there. I personally have taken self defense courses and have a little confidence...but ppl like that have no regard for your feelings...they are good at what they do...underminding your confidence...they play on your insecurities and it is exciting to them whn they know they have successfully frightened you. The advice I would give is to do what ppl here have suggested...report it..and in the future try to avoid being alone...expecially when you dont have another "out". Find a public place where there are others..sit near driver or if they have a security cam somewhere..close to it. If pepper spray and such is illegal...do what i go. Keep you house/car key in your hand with the key part between your fingers. Make a fist...if he makes a threatening move or gester and you you feel you are in imminent danger ...go for the face...attacking his bits will only make him mad...if it fails...you can stun him long enough to get away. act first...questions later.Better safe than sorry. im glad you are okay,

Glad you're OK Toffee. Personally, if some guy came and sat next to me on an empty bus I think I'd have said 'Excuse me' and gone and moved and sat on the edge of a seat right by the driver!

Flaming weirdo's make me sick. I hope the bus company have got CCTV and hand it over to the Police - it could be that this moron needs watching. He obviously gets his kicks from scaring women - ****hole! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back