Too you to be part/full time property developer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am 19 yrs old working, i have been intrested in DIY for quite some time and been watching alot of 'homes under the hammer'

After watching it, i also wanted to give it a go and make a career out of it or may be part time, soon i will be going to plastering and tiling courses and basic plumbing courses. I have saved up quite abit aswell.

I am willing to work hard and make it work.

But the thing is am i too young at the age of 19?

Kind Regards

ar54ad

Sponsored Links
You're not to young but you are to green by the sounds of it, just cause you watch a program on property it does not mean you can do it, you'll need more than basic skills to make real money or bloody good trades people who you can trust, But it's better to regret the things you have done and not things you never tried, just as long as you keep your shirt.

Thanks mate,

I will be doing the basic courses and getting experience i know friends who are in building trade which is a advantage but obviously cant rely on them all the time. But yes thanks for that :)

If you have the enthusiasm, money and luck, who knows what you can achieve, good luck with what ever you do

Sponsored Links
I am doing this at the moment, with limited skills the most important choice is the property, it's possible to buy and just decorate a property and turn around at a profit, but the property choice is key.Once you improve your skills you could then look at properties that just need decorating and a new kitchen or bathroom.Do your research .

Hi there,

I am 19 yrs old working, i have been intrested in DIY for quite some time and been watching alot of 'homes under the hammer'

Kind Regards

ar54ad
You`re 19 in the wrong decade M8 :LOL: you wanted to be 19 in 1979 :mrgreen: It`s all but done and finished now - just think yourself lucky you`ve got a job at all:cool:

Thanks mate,

i know friends who are in building trade which is a advantage but obviously cant rely on them all the time. :)
Yeah cuz they`re on their bloody mobiles half the working day - they don`t know what graft is . It`s not building today - it`s bloody lego - by people dressed like " Construction Guy" in the Village People :LOL:

Your`e in Manc. - just borrow loads and buy a slum terraced house and fill it with renters - never mind tarting it up and hoping for a profit :rolleyes:

TBH, a keen and enthusiastic 19 year old? Many people in the trade will see you coming and try to shaft you seven ways from sunday.

Be on your guard!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back