Torch on felt roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and girls, I'm new to this forum and first thing I need to ask is what do I need to do to prepare a new flat plywood shed roof for burning on felt. I have the gas torch equipment and have do this before, but that was a few years back and I had someone to show me.

I've only priced for one layer of mineral felt, but I need to know what sort of underlay I need. Do you only use primer when going over existing felt?

Whats the best way of doing this? I feel stupid asking since Im a joiner but this is something that cant be easily fixed if done wrong!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Just make sure the boards are dry, roll out the underlay to make sure its running straight, roll back half way and torch on, then same with the other end.
Green mineral the same, depending if you are do proper drip trims as these would need to be done first, followed by the cap sheet.
You only need primer if your using the self adhesive stuff.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I got it done today, went down easier then I was making it out to be in my head!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back