Towerstat RF (Rx) problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can I run a problem past you experts before I spend money on fixing it?

My daughter has moved into an old house and now it's getting colder wants to put the heating on.
The Towerstat RF (Rx) that controls the boiler seems to be the problem and I want to know if there is an easy way to fix.

I've researched the Towerstat on the forum and followed all usual correction points: replaced batteries, paired up stat and receiver.
If a reset the boiler (Baxi Platinum Combi 28 HE) and then get the stat to call for heat (fan symbol on display) the red led comes on and the fan starts, the boiler has a green led that indicates that rads are calling, this flashes on momentarily and goes off. The fan stays on for a few mins before going off.
I then shorted out the switch wires attached to the receiver and this brings the boiler on and the green led (rads calling) stays on and boiler fires up. So narrowed down to receiver problem.
This is as far as I've got. Do I need to place the Towerstat?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have ruled out the boiler as the cause and its down to the receiver or stat. You can pick up a salus stat with receiver for 30 notes so it's probably easier just to replace both as it seems you know what you are looking at and have tried the easy fixes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back