Towerstat RF no longer turns bolier off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a towerstat RF transmitter.receiver controlling a Greenstar 28i junior gas boiler. Its been working fine for a few years.
Now it turns the boiler on OK, but no longer will turn the boiler off when transmitter room temperature is satisfied. When the thermostat requires heat the green light comes on at the receiver and the boiler turns on. When temperature reached the transmitter tries to tell the receiver to turn the boiler off...but the green light stays on on the receiver and the boiler keeps going.

If I move the transmitter to the same room as the boiler, it will then suddenly work perfectly.

I guess that probably means that the towerstat has developed a fault??? Its just odd that it turns on OK, but will not turn off and that iit was working fine yesterday and has now gone faulty today.

Should i just go ahead and buy a new one, or have I missed something here??

Any comments welcome...thanks

Sponsored Links
When did you last change the battery?

Did you but a cheap one from the one pound shop?

Tony

Hi Agile
The batteries are brand new and are fully charged. It was working with these batteries. However I will try a different make of batteries just in case that has something to do with it.

Thanks for that

Sponsored Links
Have you been using rechargeables?

They have a lower voltage than alkaline cells!

But I can only guess that it has somehow failed to a low power transmit although the cause of that would be very unusual.

Tony

Hi,

I have 2 Towerstat RF switches, 1 for downstairs and 1 for upstairs.
Downstairs is working completely fine.

The upstairs switch comes on at the set time but when it reaches the set temperature or reaches the end of the set time, the thermostat goes off but the boiler doesnt.

Any idea why this could be?

I've got exactly the same problem. The heating goes on ok but won't switch off until I move the transmitter closer to the receiver. New batteries have been fitted. Any ideas? What did the OP do?

Thanks,
Daz

I could not get mine to work, and so replaced it. What I have replaced it with is also giving me some problems. Replacing it under warrenty, but also beware of any metal obstacles etc that can interfere with the signal. If my replacement does not work then I will be moving the receiver a little (away from the boiler). Sorry not any more helpful!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back