Towerstat RF Issues

Your instructions are terrible to be honest, THE terminal they call SL(off) is NC, and the L with the link at the top is the COM , yes you remove the link for volt free contacts, but the same can be used as 250V switching, if you waant to leave the link in you will have to identify the SL on and only use that and isolate safely the other one, NOTHING goes into SL OFF

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Your instructions are terrible to be honest, THE terminal they call SL(off) is NC, and the L with the link at the top is the COM , yes you remove the link for volt free contacts, but the same can be used as 250V switching, if you waant to leave the link in you will have to identify the SL on and only use that and isolate safely the other one, NOTHING goes into SL OFF

They don't seem to want to write them for people who don't know what they are doing I guess :unsure:

At the end of the day it is simply a switch that is also powered up, it is nothing special, they dont have to make it so complicated

It looks like what you said is already connected. So I just swap these over one for one and I'm done? :cautious:

upload_2021-1-12_8-15-33.png

Sponsored Links
Holy crap! It only bloomin' works!

At least I think it does, it turns on when I increase the temp on the stat and off when I reduce it, and the pump isn't going constantly any more.

I can't thank you guys enough for your help, especially @ianmcd and @Chris_W . And @ericmark for the link, although I had already found it, it confirmed I was on the right track.

Couldn't have done it without you. And I didn't electrocute myself!

I did lose a screw behind the boiler, but what's that between friends...

Thank you again, it's really appreciated.

Claire

The Towerstat RF is junk. There is a s/w bug in it. If the temperature is 16 degrees and it changes state to demand heat, well, it doesn't. Speak to the manufacturers and they tell you to put it in the fridge! Sure...that kicks it into touch and it fires up. But how about being honest and admitting that there is a bug ? A real turkey...redefining Not Fit For Purpose. Just woken up to a cold house for the nth time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back