TP9000 and TP4000 holiday mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a new build with a Danfoss TP9000 programmer, a TS2 remote sensor in the living room and a TP4000 in the main bedroom. As I'm away for work quite regularly so I use the TP9000 holiday mode function. However, I just did an experiment and set the holiday mode to on but found that the TP4000 still functions.

Is that correct? It seems a bit daft to be able to set the hot water and downstairs heating to holiday mode but the upstairs heating will still come on/off while I'm away. Is there a way to modify the system so that holiday mode on the TP9000 switches off both zones? The alternative of course is to remember to manually put the TP4000 into frost protect when I go away and back to normal when I return.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
if you can afford it i would fit a hive or a nest, that way you can monitor everything while you are away, and when you are due home you can switch on the water and heating from your phone and everything is hot when you get in.

Thanks. I am already looking at the Nest system although I would need the 3rd generation plus another thermostat for the second zone (unless I convert the house to single zone).

I was hoping there would be an easier solution. I suspect the plumbers linked the TS2 thermostat to the airing cupboard zone valve and then directly on to boiler demand rather than via the TP9000.

Sponsored Links
Still looking at this. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. In my previous post I meNt to say that the plumber had linked the upstairs TP4000 to the airing cupboard (TS2).

Is it possible to somehow use the TP9000 holiday mode to disable the upstairs TP4000?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back