Tracking rod repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tracking rod has gone again on the left side. I have that rattling sound again.

Can these rods be tightened up because this happened before and my mate just tightened the nuts up.

Sponsored Links
The track rod is the bit that fixes into the end of the steering rack, encased by a rubber boot......the ball swivel must remain captive, and it's often spring loaded. Is that what you mean, or is it the track rod end that's giving you grief, which isn't adjustable?
John :)

I dont think the steering is connected to this.

Last time i had some help and my mate took the wheel off and just tightened up a loose nut. Does that help ?

Vehicle make & model??

Think it maybe a case of wrong terminology, could you be referring to a track control arm? This has nothing to do with steering but without some idea of vehicle it can be anybodies guess.

Remember Trevor YOU know what vehicle you are referring to - you can see it, we cannot!!

Sponsored Links
These are called drop links or stabiliser links....they rattle like hell when worn, but they aren't adjustable, just replaceable. They connect the anti roll bar to the front suspension strut.
John :)

Back