Trade tough mobile phone

Sponsored Links
There's a JCB branded phone which is shock, bump, dust proof and water resistant.

jcbphone3cy3.jpg
[/code]

hmm both Nokia and Ericsson made tough phones at one point, ther Ericsson (although a brick) was nigh on indestructible - one test involved the following:

dropped from 4 stories up
put into a bucket of sand/rubble and put on a vibrating stand for 24 hours
left in a bucket of water for 48 houurs

it still worked...here's a link to the user guide http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/546/63/1192963629/R250s_R1c_en.pdf

Current ones I can find are:
http://www.phoneshop.ie/products.php?cat=127

Nokia 5100

Thanks for the replies guys.

Perhaps an alternate question would have been :

"Which mobile phone do you use ?"

How long have you had it and how well does it stand up to your daily work

As an aside, would be interested to know which is everyones favoured network ....

I'm on Orange, have been since Orange started. Living in & around the Pennines, they had the best coverage at the time and I'm on a price plan which is no longer offered, so won't be changing in the near future :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the guvnor just issued us with sony erricson 702

I have dropped my twice and stood on it and its still working and it has some fun toys on it like a 3meg camera

:)

Dont touch the Samsung U800..unless you have absolute 20/20 vision..its the smallest text you've ever seen in your life..and no adjustment.

And you cant read the screen in day light at all

for the last 2 years ive usd motorloa razr with the metal keypads. have to say bloody great. i get the crystal cases to cover them, but they take a lot of battering and dont have any slide mechanisms, joysticks etc like the nokias and sonys, which have gone wrong when ive had them in a few months.

As a rule mobiles last me around 3 to 6 months. Then I just get another cheapy and see how long I get out of it. Even if a phone can withstand all the shock, dust, water ect sure enough one of the keys stop working or the screen goes blank. Mobiles just aren't made to last. The manufactures don't want you to have the same phone for years on end, they want you to buy the latest models.
I can buy a crappy Nokia 2310 for a fiver brand new. Even if I get through 5 a year it's still only £25..

slide phones just dont work dust and crap gets into them mechanism i ive gone through 3 nokia n95' this year

You better off going to one of these small phone shops that sell old second hand mobiles for 20-30 quid..

Ive got an old nokia 6210 its one of those old fashioned types..that you can actually just make phone calls on!!..no camera, sat nav, compass, radio, mp3 player, internet, hairdryer, electric razor, foot spa or any of the other **** they stuff into phones now..its been hammered for 7 years now and still going strong.

It makes me laugh when people say 'oh ive had mine 6 months and only had to send it back twice'' :rolleyes:

Call me picky but in 6 months you shouldnt have to send it back at all..the trouble is they fill them with so much stuff now they go wrong if you look at them in the wrong way.

Whats the point in making them to last anyway?..phone companies offer an update every few months..and as tuckjointer says they dont want you to hang on to your old phone they want to to constantly buy new.

nokia 6320

dropped it, got it wet, stepped on it, half ran over it with van...

great phone

bought a new phone some sony doodah broke in a week so im back to my nokia

Sponsored Links
Back