Training and Qualifications

I agree that if you install an Alarm in YOUR house it can only be YOUR fault if it doesn't work properly.
If you supply and fit an Alarm in SOMEONE ELSEs house then it is your problem if it doesn't perform as you have supplied and fitted the alarm incorrectly.

Sponsored Links
Don't be silly. Call a few insurances companies and see what they say.

CALM DOWN Joe 60 or whatever?
If you read the original Post, the OP is enquiring about becoming an Alarm Installer, NOT IN HIS OWN HOUSE, you are welcome to do whatever you like on your own property, but NOT if you have been paid to do it (even in your own house, if you cause damage to your property and a neihgbopuring property, you would find your self in hot water if you had no insurance):confused:

I've installed well over 1000 alarm systems. It's a DIY job. The skill is in hiding the wiring - and no qualification teaches you that. You stick to fixing boilers and let those of us that know about alarms fix those eh?

Sponsored Links
I'm not going to discuss any further with you, other than my time at Lander (South) Ltd, from where I was M.D. of my own Alarm company which traded untill 2003 when I sold to another comapny to fund my current venture -in facilities Mainenance, i can assure you that all of my ventures have been conducted in a proffessional way, including indemnity insurances -we still get phone calls now enquiring about intruder alarms, so we must have been doing something right! ;)

You know and I know you are talking complete tosh. I still own an alarm installation company incorporated into what I do now.

Let's try once more.

Householder has an insurance policy of £250.

Householder has an alarm fitted the insurance policy is still the same as the householder doesn't want a discount. Insurance company are not even aware of an alarm.

The policy isn't based upon there being an alarm at the premises whatsoever.

If there was a break-in then the householder claims.

Nothing to do with the insurance company if there is an alarm or not.

Why do you think it is?

You went bust, so you needn't brag. We are not talking about a warehouse full of cigarettes or booze - just the average suburban house.

If the op wants to have some sort of "credit" as an installer of security alarms then the best advise is to be certified by either SSAIB or NACOSS.

End of story ! ? ;)

If you think it's just a matter of ringing up saying that you are going into business and I want to be a member of NACOSS they'll laugh at you.

If you remember my first post I did say you have to hold qualifications, and yes its not just that you have to be able to show that you can comply with all the other requirements.

And that include running a profitable business.

Never been asked to show profit/loss records to SSAIB but I suppose if you don't have all the required qualifications then they might need to see other documents.

Joe there is a BIG diffrence between going BUST as you put it and selling a sucessful comapny to a NACOSS approved Competetor! as I said I sold my Alarm Co to raise the funding form my current Company which offers a wide range of facility Services, (The Name of the Company remains in my control) this should now stop, you should seriously consider improving your image by becoming accredited by SSAIB or NSI etc

remember Visibillity + CREDIBILLITY = Profitabillity ;)

I rarely fit them these days other than in the houses I buy, renovate and resell. No money in alarms these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back