Treating Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dispute with a door manufacturer who is refusing liability because the door was not treated BEFORE hanging! :rolleyes:

Is it normal practice to treat doors before you hang them regardless of how much more difficult it will be do do this?

Sponsored Links
new 1 on me bacho?????
internal or external?
are they saying the bottom should have been sealed before final hung?

They are saying that my INTERNAL doors should have been treated BEFORE they were hung . They have bowed in spite of 3 coats of Johnstones varnish and the glass sounds as if it will drop out as it is very rattly.

I purchased them from B & Q who got the manufacturer out so that I could have my fitting costs refunded but they are trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities.

Poor quality doors full of moisture sold for top price.:rolleyes:

Says a lot if they need to employ a chippy to inspect their door complaints.

Will be taking this further.:cool:

Sponsored Links
It will have said on the door wrapping to fully treat it before hanging, hardly anyone bothers to take a door off that they have just hung so they don't do it. Once there is a problem you've then got no comeback as you didn't follow MI's.
If you do have problems like this it might be a good idea to get some paint on the bottom edge before the inspectors come out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back