Treating wood mold in loft - (the mold not the cause)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have some mold in my loft on the rafters. I'm currently sorting out the causes of the condensation so my question isn't to do with that.

What should I treat the actual mold with? I have some basic mold spray but wondered if I shouldn't spray this at wood and if there was something specifically for this purpose?

... Or will the mold slowly die off if I sort out the moisture/ventilation problem? (he says hopefully!!)

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Bumping this as we have the same problem, although we have yet to resolve the moisture problem!

leave it if it's not to serious (it becomes inert without moisture, mould does not harm timber, it only indicates moisture which could lead to fungal decay).

You can buy fungicidal washes in places like wicks.

Sanding.

Diluted household bleach n cloth.

If you decide to remove it, you will be disturbing the spores, I'm not aware of health risks but it doesn't hurt to wear a mask.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back