trevi boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a trevi boost mains cold tank fed hot water heated by a potterton prima f boiler i have the dial at 3.5 but the water from the shower is cold a gas engineer told me not to have the temp any higher as the boiler would overheat is there any way of increasing the hot water so i can have a hot shower

Sponsored Links
Is you water heated by gravity or pumped?

Do your radiators get hot?

Whats cylinder stat (if there is one) set to?

How cold is cold? or do you mean warm?

Does the boiler even come on when HW is selected?

plipey said:
Hi I have a trevi boost mains cold tank fed hot water heated by a potterton prima f boiler i have the dial at 3.5 but the water from the shower is cold a gas engineer told me not to have the temp any higher as the boiler would overheat is there any way of increasing the hot water so i can have a hot shower

Change the thermostat cartridge - sorted.

the water is pumped and it comes out of the taps very hot yes the radiaters get hot but have the heating turned of there is some hot water coming out of the shower but the cold is stronger

Sponsored Links
hi breesey
is there a thermostat cartridge in the in the trevi boost?

plipey said:
hi breesey
is there a thermostat cartridge in the in the trevi boost?

Yes, it keeps the temperature where you want it. If it knackered it is likely to not let hot water through - which is the problem you have, yes?

You should be able to get one quite easily off the net. Once you have one you should be able to change it - also quite easily. ;)

The trevi is only a few months old i think my problem is the hot water doesnt have enough pressure and the cold has to much back to my origanal question is there any way of turning the cold pressure down and will it still pull the hot through

OK. What is your cold water pressure? and what is you hot water head?

You can fit a px reducing valve on the cold supply.

Is cold supply pipe 15mm and hot 22mm?

ah how does one find the pressures yes the pipes are cold 15mm and hot 22mm how would i fit a px reducer

plipey said:
The trevi is only a few months old i think my problem is the hot water doesnt have enough pressure and the cold has to much back to my origanal question is there any way of turning the cold pressure down and will it still pull the hot through

Have I missed something here :eek: Is it not the working principle of this shower that the cold pressure 'sucks' the hot water through, or am I thinking of another Trevi :confused:

If it's only a few months old call out manufacturers under warranty.

Hi dave
you havent missed any thing your right the pressure from the cold pulls the hot through but because the hot pressure is so low i have to have the potterton dial up to about 5 and the gas service engineer says this is to high as the overheat cutout activates the trevi boost works fine
phil

Firstly if a boiler is designed with a stat up to 5 then it should work ok set on this and not activate the overheat cut out!

As far as I can remember this boiler should be on a fully pumped system so therefore you should have a thermostat on your hot water cylinder that is usually set to 60C or about 140F if it is really old. This is the stat that controls your hot tap water temp.

3.5 on your boiler stat should be high enough to get the water and rads plenty hot enough.

I misread your post, thinking yo had a fault with the Trevi :rolleyes:

plipey said:
ah how does one find the pressures yes the pipes are cold 15mm and hot 22mm how would i fit a px reducer

You cut it into the pipe feeding the appliance you want to reduce the pressure at.

I would have thought that you got instructions with the shower saying what temps you could expect when you have X hot head and X cold pressure. If your cold pressure:hot head ratio is to great you will only get a cool shower - regardless of how hot your hot is!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back