Triac/Touch control unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Her favourite bedside lamp blew tonight.
Checked fuse, bulbs etc and then came on here.

Feeling it is the touch control unit. Stripped it down and would be happy
to replace it myself - if I can find where to get one. Would prefer to replace rather than convert to straight forward switched lamp.

I can get to RS components from work - been on their site and it's a jungle to me :oops:

Could someone point me in the right direction? Spent 20 mins on search - most 'touch' lighting seems to be dimmer orientated.
Put a couple of photos up if that helps .

Regards

Homer
View media item 26845 View media item 26844

Sponsored Links
Easiest, and possibly cheapest. is to buy another lamp. If you cant get the right one use the dimmer module from from another model.

Thanks for the prompt replies - I think I'll give the inline dimmer a try.
I was on the tlc earlier and was even on the correct page - I was looking at the 'touch control' options unaware the inline were directly above me!!

Thanks again

Homer

Sponsored Links
The triac will have gone, I was gonna point you to a replacement component, but then I noticed that the whole thing is potted in resin, so you appear to be up a creek without a paddle.

Colin C

The triac will have gone, I was gonna point you to a replacement component, but then I noticed that the whole thing is potted in resin, so you appear to be up a creek without a paddle.

Colin C

I've replaced the triac with a higher current device and now full functionality restored.However, the bulb now flickers- it even flickers using the bulb from a second identical lamp where the bulb doesn't flicker at all. Any ideas?

I've replaced the triac with a higher current device and now full functionality restored.However, the bulb now flickers- it even flickers using the bulb from a second identical lamp where the bulb doesn't flicker at all. Any ideas?

Sorry, who are you ?

Sorry not sure what you mean- only recently started looking at this site and just hoping for some advice.

As I say I'm new to this so apologies if I got the etiquette wrong- presumably I should have started a new thread? Is that how it works?

Is that how it works?

Normally yes, as this one is old
Better starting afresh with a new one and you will get more response.

Use the NEW TOPIC button which is next to the Reply button that you used earlier.

Explain a little what you have and what youve fixed and pictures sometimes help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back