Trianco 15/19 leaking oil from inspection Plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My boiler a Trianco 15/19 is leaking oil from the burner inspection plate. I looked inside and there was a small pool of oil on the bottom of the burner which was leaking out of the plate. As far as I can see this plate has no seal so it is not supposed to be oil tight. I can see no sign of a leak inside. I have had the occasional wiff of oil, not permanent now for a while. I had the oil tank filled last Friday (6 Aug). My thoughts, is it possible that the solonoid valve is not shutting off completely and allowing oil to dribble out of the burner into the bottom of the burner assembly and that this has been made worse by the oil delivery allowing a bigger head of oil behind the delivery. If so is this easy to replace? Any other suggestions for this? All thoughts welcome. BTW I am not an engineer but do have both service and installation leaflets for the boiler.

Thanks to all in advance

Mark :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Your burner should not drip any oil from its nozzle when it is switched off.
Your diagnosis is correct - a new pump valve (with solenoid coil) should be fitted - or you can put a complete pump on.
Heating-parts.co.uk are a great firm to deal with.
John :)

Fitting an Oil pump is not a DIY job, as the new unit has to be set up accurately with test gauges get a good oil engineer to S&F the oil pump for you

www.elanar.co.uk

would be able to help in Norfolk! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back