Tricity Bendix AW1560W noisy when spinning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the bearings are about to fail on my noisy Tricity Bendix AW1560W washer. Can someone with the knowledge talk me through the repair procedure please. The bearing will cost about £23.35 plus postage from Partmaster, but will I need the bearing seal as well.

Sponsored Links
A couple of options to getting the parts you need:

1) There is a bearing kit comprising the front and rear bearings plus the bearing seal, Masterpart Part No. ZN05112. You can't buy this direct from Masterpart but if you ring them on 0871 2880 534 they should be able to tell you about local stockists.

2) Order the seal, part No. 1249667005 from any Electrolux group spares stockist and go to a bearing shop for the 2 bearings which are 30 x 72 x 19mm front; 25 x 62 x 17mm rear.

You remove the rear half cabinet, detach door seal from front of cabinet, remove rear counterweight block, remove motor, detach all hoses from outer drum, remove drum pulley, detach suspension dampers from outer drum, lift suspension springs off top crossmember and lower drum onto base inside machine, lift drum out of cabinet, dismantle outer drum, drift drum shaft out of bearings and remove inner drum, drift out bearings and press / drift in new bearings. When refitting halves of outer drum you must either renew the rubber gasket or apply silicone sealer to the old gasket.

you make it sound so easy, what about a new spider?

when i worked for hp always changed the spider on a bearing job

When I do a bearing job I make an engineers judgement on whether a new spider is required. For some makes such as Whirlpool the spider is very expensive so if it is found to be damaged it renders the machine to be beyond economic repair. In this case the spider, part number 50279087006, is about £51 retail. The usual reason for needing a new spider is scoring or other damage to the bronze bush on which the bearing seal runs. Obviously you can't inspect the bush until you have dismantled the machine.

Sponsored Links
Be careful not to damage the shaft. It may be Very tight or even rusted into the bearings. Take precautions ( use a soft headed hammer ). If you "mushroom" the shaft even slightly you will have to change the drum ( thats if my memory still works )

Hi and thanks for the fast and detailed replies.
Looks complicated, are any special tools required.

I decided this is too big for me to handle. I have taken out insurance via Curry's costing £129 for the year and they arranged for someone to call and fix it. They came yesterday (16th May) just to see what parts were needed. Apparently it needs new bearings, shaft and spider which will come pr-eassembled. They say its a 2 man job as its easier and quicker. So far I'm happy.

Two 'lads' came to fix it (which is always worrying), and it took them about an hour to replace the entire back half including the plastic drum housing and heater. Apart from oily marks left on the washa and door frame (they took it out side... it was nice sunny day) plus not taking away the old parts, I'm well pleased.
This was a big and expensive job as the parts alone would have cost me over £200. Sometimes DIY just ain't worth the trouble and expense. :cool:

when i started with HP i used tochange the whole tub becuse it was easier and a better job. HP got wise to this, an made a special tool for getting bearings in and out, it really did make life much easier

I don't think these lads had any special tools, they just used a soft head mallet and chisel. I had to provide them with an old cotton sheet that just happened to be handy, presumably to protect the drum. They had no cleaning stuff so I let them off and cleaned up after they left. They seem to have done a good job though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back