Tricity Bendix WDR1020 Not Spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have a Tricity Bendix Washer Drier (1000 spin) that won't spin at all. All others aspects of the machine appear to be working, water going in, water draining, lots of washing machine type noises and then no spin - on either washing or drying cycles...
My brother in law 'guarantees' me it's the brushes but the sceptic in me says I should get a second opinion!
Any ideas on where I start and, more importantly, if it is the brushes, is this a relatively straightforward job to replace them?

Sponsored Links
read1.jpg

If the motor is working normally in all other modes ie it washes, changes direction, dries etc, then it is the timer board. I had this fault and changed the capacitor C5 which is a large grey block on the circuit board. the value is 1uF 275Vac. That fixed it.

Sponsored Links
fixanything, you are a legend, thank you. Years later and your advice still saving washers from the scrappie
I got my cap from mouser.co.uk (google part number 80-R46KR410000P0K). Probably not the cheapest with nearly £15 worth of shipping, but very quickly received direct from... Texas

I have one spare, if anyone can use the same repair I will happily drop it in the post to you

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back