Tricity Bendix DH086 Dishwasher not allowing mains water in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my tricity bendix dishwasher will not let mains water in. I have removed and cleaned inlet valve(not much to it) but with no success.It appears the solenoid fixed to end of inlet valve is not being activated therefore not allowing mains water through valve. does anybody know if this is a common fault with the valve and needs replacing or is it more likely to be a fault with the programmer not sending signal to the solenoid or could there be any other reason?

Sponsored Links
Could also be sumthin dumb as a bag of hammers like a bad connection at a wire terminal or a broken wire.

Check for continuity across the inlet valve solenoid terminals. It's just a coil of wire that moves a plunger backward against spring pressure when energized, so if you get continuity, then the solenoid is most likely fine.

(also, this valve SHOULD remain closed when no voltage is applied to it, so the fact that it's not opening when there's no voltage at the solenoid suggests to me that it's working fine)

Check for voltage at the solenoid. If no voltage, check for voltage at the timer. If no voltage, then check to see if the timer motor is even turning.

If it's not, check the wiring diagram for the machine. It probably has a door switch that won't start the machine until the door is firmly locked.

Maybe your door switch is busted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back