Triple core extractor wiring ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all. I'm trying to fit a vent axia extractor fan in my bathroom. I have wired the fan via a 2 pole switch and a 3amp fuse.

In short the circit runs : Bathroom Light = 3 amp Spur = 2 Pole Switch = Fan. For peace of mind no cables or switches are inside bathroom, switch is in adjoing bedroom, wiring in loft.

I'm a little baffled at the fan end. The fan has 4 terminals E L1 N L2. I stripped the triple core cable ready but when I removed the lid on the fans terminal box I found a capacitor wired in 2 of the terminals.

Does this capacitor connect via both 'Live' cables or 1 live and one neutral. The capacitor was already wired into the live and switch live terminals of the block. I have already connected the earth and neutral but I'm stuck on the live cables. With the capasitor being where it is means I would have to push either my live or switch live cable into a block that already has a capacitor cable sitting in it ( see white cable pic 2 ). Is that normal / correct ???

Any help would be really appreciated as I have been looking at wiring diagrams for hours with no luck.

I have taken a few pics of the terminal block.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back