Triton Caselona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using a Triton Caselona electric shower for the past four years without any problem until two months ago when the shower started malfunctioning. Initially after turning on the shower there wasn’t the immediate rush of water coming out, for a couple of seconds delay during which the shower was making noises as if it is chocked or blocked then water rushes out.

Later on the shower started to stop suddenly while operating so I had to turn it off and on and it was working again , Recently the fault became permanent. i.e when I turn on the power there is no water (neither hot nor cold) rushing out. It works suddenly may be once a week with a possibility of sudden stoppage.

I will be grateful for any advice. I checked and cleaned the shower sprayhead and hose for any lime scale.

Sponsored Links
The noises suggest the shower is heating the water, but it has nowhere to go.

My guess would be the solenoid valve is failing. The solenoid valve controls the water flow from the shower outlet.

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/may be able to help with parts.

I note "Suffolk" and remember my time in Sizewell and the problems with lime. Here in North Wales a kettle lasts for decades in Suffolk it did not even live the 4 years spent to build Sizewell.

Not all showers work the same way. Some have a heated pipe and others have a small tank and in Suffolk that small tank got full of lime scale.

I would guess your shower is blocked in the mini boiler with lime.

Sponsored Links
the solenoid coil is failing.

the shower won't heat the water if the solenoid coil is failing as the pressure switch for the heating circuit won't be activated.

check the coils resistance when it's in its failed state.

I would guess your shower is blocked in the mini boiler with lime.

The noises suggest the shower is heating the water, but it has nowhere to go.

in both situations the prd would have blown

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back