Triton Electric Shower Buzz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Zante 2 9.5kw electric shower which after 2 or 3 minutes starts making quite a loud buzzing noise. It doesn't affect heating performance in anyway and temp stays consistent. In fact the loud buzz remains even if its run on the cold water setting.
It's been doing it for maybe 6 months.
I've checked the solenoid with a Multimeter and it gives an OK reading of 3.52.....anybody any ideas what is causing it?

Sponsored Links
May sound obvious, but have you ran the shower without the cover on to try and locate the source of the buzz - only if it safe to do so.
I assume its more of an electrical buzz rather than a vibrational buzz from something like a part coming loose.
I know you say remains even on cold, but have you ran the shower from cold to start with rather than on hot and then switching it to cold?

Mine does the same, I'm in the process of ripping it out as we've had a combi boiler fitted. Think it's caused by the casing

Last edited:
The Triton in my old house did that, it was the solenoid valve rattling, it was not possible to stop it as it was the moving parts inside the valve that were making the noise.

Sponsored Links
Its not the casing vibrating, and when its open the buzzing seems to be coming from the flow valve or heater cant really tell?

It must be unrepairable then? But thanks everyone who replied

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back